Well it’s pretty crazy out there. Hold onto your crosstabs everyone. And don’t forget you can see Margie in LA on 10/20 at the Ace Hotel with the fine folks at KCRW’s Left Right & Center. Check it out here.
Poll of the Week
There’s a reason we’re going to focus on the tapes & the debate–it’s one of the biggest news stories this year.
The post-debate polling is bleak for Trump, but not quite as volatile as the news. Maybe.
- Brietbart on post debate poll
- CNN/ORC poll on the second debate
- NBC SurveyMonkey poll on the the second debate
- NBC/WSJ poll on Trump’s tape
- Politico/Morning Consult on Trump’s tape
- Huffington Post/HuffPost Pollster on trump’s respect for women
- SurveyMonkey on Trump’s tapes
- The Atlantic on Trump and female voters
- Reuters/Ipsos Poll on Clinton’s marriage
- FiveThirtyEight poll on gender gap
- YouGov/Economist Poll on gender gap
- NBC/WSJ poll on GOP’s action on Trump
- Politico/Morning Consult on GOP’s action on Trump
- Morning Consult on Trump’s loyal supporters
Mmm. McMuffins. Kristen’s Muffin-map is driving Twitter crazy.
Are you going crazy?
You’re not the only one feeling stressed out about this election. But are you the only one who believes a conspiracy theory?
- Washington Post on unproven rumors
- Washington Post on perceived partisan biases
- Politico on Trump’s mental health toll
- NYT Upshot: Your therapist may lean blue
In times like these, we turn to candy.
- Let’s not get the message muddled here. The tapes are not about cursing, but about assault. That could explain some of the differences in results we’re seeing.
- And while the impact on the race is clear–the impact on the GOP’s fortunes…too soon to say. News is moving faster than public opinion, and public opinion moving faster than pollsters.
- Is the election giving you stress? Are you binge eating candy and McMuffins? Talk to the pollsters. Tell us how that makes you feel.